Sunday, July 1, 2012

Here I Go

Hi Everyone

I have taken the plunge and started my own quilt blog.   My purpose for this blog is to share my love of quilting by sharing quilts I have made and doing tutorial on quilts I've made and basic quilting skills.  I had a quilt web site several years ago which I geared toward the new quilter.   I would like to do some of the same things in this blog

Let me introduce myself.    I am married to a wonderful guy named Ed and have three grown children, Jeff, Laurie & Katie.  Only one of them is married, Laurie.  She has been married for two years, but no grandchildren yet.   I live in Arcadia, Ca., which is in southern California.   I work as a substitute teacher.

My hobbies are quilting, of course, and reading.   I love to make baby quilts.   I don't have anyone I am making them for, but I love to do baby quilts.   Because they are smaller they go together more quickly and are fun to make.  I like doing both pieced and applique quilts, but as my blog title implies I like applique quilts the best.   I have been quilting for 15 years.  I am a  self taught quilter.  I learned to quilt through books and a TV shows called Simply Quilt.




Here are a few of the quilts that I have made.

I am looking forward to sharing more with you in future blogs

Janie 








No comments:

Post a Comment